Whew. I didn't want to have another new years eve. I never realized how comforting the "hmmmmmm ... thump" sound would be of the sewage pump going followed by the thump of the check valve once it stopped.
Neither David nor Jeffrey seemed inclined to go out on the machines yesterday. They said that it was too cold, even though it was warmer than the day before. I guess that they got bored doing spins out on the lake. I took the 3-wheeler out for a ride though, first on the lake and then on one of the trails. To start it I had to use the heat gun again. It's a sure-fire solution. On the trail, I got as far as David and Jeffrey had the previous day. I was hopeful that I could float on top of the crust, but the crust was not as firm in the bush as out in the open, so no luck. Since the 3-wheeler doesn't have reverse I then had to drag it around to face it back down the trail. Oh well.
For dinner we had a new chicken recipe of Sandy's that was quite good, along with her zucchini/tomato/olive mixture and rice. I've gotten off easy since I have not had to barbecue in a few days, not that it's hard.
I did not bother fishing yesterday since it was cold and the holes ice over quite quickly. Today, however, I have the rigs out and will pickup more minnows in town. I already called Gohm's and she will be there until 11:30 this morning. I have a shopping list for the general store as well, and beer. We ran out but no-one told me until New Years Eve. I could have picked up some on the 31st but did not know that we were running low.
Jeffrey took David to Parry Sound this morning and David picked up his rental car. He's off to visit a friend in Whitefish and will be back here tomorrow mid-day. Jeffrey just walked in the door so he had a safe trip there and back. I was waiting for him to return before going to town ... I guess that it's time. Their plan is to leave for Exton/Philly tomorrow evening. Jeffrey will sleep most of the day prepping for the overnight ride. Then we'll be down to David -- not sure what his plans are yet.
Oh -- first thing yesterday, before going to Mass, I did the cleanup work downstairs using cleaner and bleach. Once it dried I put silicone around the sump lid to completely seal it. The other chore that I undertook, since I was working in that room anyway, was to properly hang the 8" insulated flexible pipe for the dehumidifier exhaust. I had temporarily hung it with electrical and drywall tape. It's not very heavy ... but that's not a long term solution. It's now hung properly with pipe hanger.
That's it ...
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment