Monday, January 5, 2009

Jan 4 - now we are two again

or three, if you include Abby. David left a couple of minutes ago.

Yesterday was quiet. We fished -- caught one good-sized pike and lost a couple of minnows, one of which raised a flag and the other was just gone at the end of the day. I went to Mass, puttered around a little, didn't do much else.

Last Sunday the power was out in Britt so the church was lit by candles. It had only been out for 1/2 hour by the start of Mass so it was not too cold in the church. This Sunday they had run out of oil -- seems no-one called for a refill -- so the church was very cold. Mass was held in a little anteroom with a couple of electric space heaters going. The priest called for oil on Saturday but of course they don't deliver until Monday.

Speaking of deliveries, we still have not had our delivery of propane. I've had two dates promised now and no truck. I'll call again this morning. The other call that I have to make this morning is to Peter White Cycles -- I ordered the new wheels and lights but have not seen the charge through on my credit card yet. That was supposed to go through mid-December, according to Peter, but perhaps he just had second thoughts and decided to put the bill through after the wheels are built. The plan is for him to ship them on the 26th, so he has lots of time.

I'll do some more fishing today. I may need more minnows before we leave Thursday morning though. We have three pike in the fridge now; we'll put some in the freezer today and have that when we get back on the 18th. I don't really have any other plans, other than probably take a walk on the lake over to the Lodge. It's relatively warm at 19F. I should also take advantage of the warm weather and use the 4-wheeler to take a load to the dump. Sandy is planning on going into Loring. What an exciting life we lead ! I'll do some cleanup -- GT Snowracer up to the woodshed; the remains of the Christmas tree on the lawn out front; a couple of buckets downstairs to put away; anything else that I spot. We'll only be gone 8 days but I might as well leave the place tidy because we're only back 3 days before leaving again.

I think that Donnie is coming up today ... I'm pretty sure that he said the 5th. Being a Monday, I assume that would mean that he's coming up with friends since Claudia will be working and Issac will be in school.

I cannot think of anything else at the moment.

No comments: