Yesterday was recovery time. Your body feels a little out-of-sorts after one of these rides. I wonder why ... The biggest impact that I notice is probably my eyes. They get dried out and tired, I expect, from so many hours into the breeze. Glasses obviously help - I hate to think what I'd feel like without glasses.
Sandy did more than I did yesterday. She was quite industrious, digging one of the front gardens and replacing the annuals that were still flowering a year later. Ah ... the beauty of living in the south. Allan -- Allan of the tandem -- said that "it never gets this cold in Fort Lauderdale", referring to the sub-freezing temps that we were biking in. Well, it never gets that cold at our place either, something to do with the proximity of a very large body of water.
I cleaned up my bike a bit, but it actually wasn't very dirty. The roads were clean and there was not the fine loose sand that I hit so much of close to the coast. We watched a couple of episodes of Stargate SG1 and then the Academy Awards after dinner. Sandy watched the entire things, I hit the sack shortly after Ledger got his sentimental award.
We had Pompano for dinner again -- it's turning out to be regular fare.
Sandy heads off to Orlando tomorrow to meet Marda at the airport and then onto the west coast for her Newcomers South luncheon on Wednesday. She won't be back until Friday night since they're meeting up with Mariadella who is down with Leonas later in the week. I thought that I might see them all back here had the shuttle launch stayed on schedule for Friday but that has changed. I have not checked to see if a new date is posted.
That's it ... quick update.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment