I set out yesterday into a headwind that proved to be a minimal issue. Advertised as from the NNW, it seemed more like ENE so that riding north I was sheltered from it most of the time. Regardless, this was my first time out for my regular 70 mile ride pushing the additional weight, the dynamo hub and the fat tires. You'd think that 2mm is not much difference, but looking down at those tires they are a lot fatter. They barely clear the front fork ... and read 1/2 mile short on 35 miles, i.e. they have a larger circumference, throwing the odometer out of whack. I could adjust the odometer, but won't bother.
It took about 1/2 hour longer to do 70 miles. The tires are quite comfortable to ride on though, "cushy" is how they feel, given the increased flex, absorbing the bumps in the road. I'll get used to pushing the additional resistance and will be stronger for it, I guess. They're easier on my butt !
We had red snapper for dinner with oven roasted potatoes and broccoli, all good as usual.
We're having some problems with the satellite dishes not getting a strong signal. In particular, the big dish is getting a minimal signal so I have to get up there and do some adjusting. Perhaps today I'll do that.
I'm off to Mass in a minute. It's 37F out there now, but due to warm up over 60F today. Yesterday, in the sun, with the temperature in the mid 50's, it was reasonably comfortable riding with my jacket on. Any colder though and I'd be in leg-warmers or full tights -- rather not do that.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment