Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Jun 30 - progress on some fronts

Notable day --

Did some mowing (exciting, eh ?) with the DR, upper level and half the front yard.  It was hot and I was dripping.

Bug catcher is working; plenty of mosquitoes and small moths caught first night setup in the garage and last night setup just downhill of the front of the garage.  That's probably a good spot to work at for a while.  Is it enough mosquitoes to make a difference ?  Time will tell.

I removed the Briggs & Stratton engine from the log splitter that Jim gave me and installed the new Predator engine from Harbor Freight.  Can you believe that the bolt pattern on the bottom is the same ?  The bolt pattern where the hydraulic pump attaches to the side of the engine is the same ?  Amazing.  Now time will tell if my $95 investment in a new motor was worth it.  Even if it lasts a couple of years, that's not too bad, considering the price of a new B&S !

I caught some minnows; had intended to go fishing this a.m. but it was raining. 

Pretty good overall, better than most days when I was gainfully employed, but that's fading into a distant memory as that's over 9 years now, amazingly enough.  Definitely no regrets on that front !

Sandy made a trip into Sudbury, hit the usual grocery stores, Costco, did her toes ... all the important things :).

Today ... I'll find something to do, no doubt.  The chainsaw needs sharpening; did a job on it with the birch.  Probably should have gone for a bike ride, but not interested in doing so in the rain.  Tomorrow I go into Sudbury, so I won't be riding until Saturday at the earliest.  Gotta be careful or I'll fall off the wagon !

Onward !

No comments: