Saturday, January 7, 2017

Jan 6 - home, warm home

It was 75F when we got here mid day.  Wonderful.  It's cooling down tonight but won' go sub-zero !

It looks like we squeaked through between major storms.  We've been hammered today with thunderstorms but up north it's worse, with snow.  Jim and Sheryl are on their way; hopefully they'll avoid most of it.  Jim and Joanne are also traveling, having left their PA place early to stay ahead of weather.

We were expecting the outdoor counter to be installed when we got here ... not.  However, they came later and did the deed.  That wasn't easy.  One course of backsplash had to be removed and that will have to be trimmed. Neither that installer or the concrete counter took into account that you need a little clearance !

On my hit list was calling the roofing people to see when they'd be coming next week but they beat me to the punch, calling to inform us that they'll be here on Monday around 7:30 a.m.  I'm doing a 200k that day so by the time I get home they should be well underway.  The only question that I have about that project is what happens with the satellite dish ...

Otherwise, not much to report here. 

Right now I'm buried in emails.  I haven't checked but I think that I'm running about 200 per day or more. Ugh.  Thankfully my spam catcher nabs 300-400 that never get to me; that's quite amazing. 

Onward ... lots to do !

Oh yes, Angelika and George were kind enough to let me know that I was living in the past, dating my blogs in December.  I wish that I could recapture that time but it's gone ...

No comments: