Friday, February 24, 2017

Feb 23 - painting

It was another rainy day, good for painting and power washing.   I did the painting; working on the Master bedroom window.  It's just about finished.  I'm not altogether happy with the drywall work, but it is what it is.  Next I will cut the sill and then I'm pretty much finished other than some caulking.  Sandy will take care of ordering the wooden louvered blinds to match everything else at ground level.

Duane, his son and one other fellow did the power washing.  This is prepping for painting the outside.  It was on and off pouring rain but they were wearing rain coats anyway as they were power washing up high.  The soffits look brand new !  The house smelled of chlorine with their work.

Otherwise, not much.  Sandy did some errands, including going to the dermatologist for her itchy back.  They concluded that she's having some sort of allergic reaction; to what, they don't know.  It could have been the backpack .... I knew that she should have used her personal porter ! 

Cassie didn't like the guys working outside; she wanted to get to them but no way.  She didn't, however, jump up on anyone's lap like she does when I take the car into the self serve spray wash.  She jumps from the back seat into Sandy's lap when I do that.  Silly dog.

I talked to Jerry -- he's on the way; should arrive here sometime this morning, I'd bet.  I'll get over to the grocery store this morning and stock up on Diet Doctor Pepper. 

I talked to my cousin Anne -- we're going to visit my Aunt Ruth in Hobe Sound south of here on March 8th.  My cousin Scott and Mary will be there as well as Anne and her Paul.  We always say "her Paul" so that we don't get confused with my cousin Paul, Anne's brother. 

Sara nailed down their visit; April 4-12.  For once, it seems, they're arriving in the afternoon.  It's usually late at night. 

The calendar is filling up, as it usually does.

Onward !


No comments: