Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Jul 4 - no stars and stripes

Not here.  We're in the land of the maple leaf. 

I spent a couple of hours power washing the deck which was pretty yellow from pine pollen.  The girls did some swimming off the Davie's dock.  I took them for a boat ride to the dam.  Typical cottage activities.  It was a beautiful day. 

Cassie has started to go off the Davies' dock but not jumping, rather crawling and sliding.  We'll keep working on that one !  She's able to jump off the boat to the sandbar in NSB but of course that doesn't involve jumping into water deeper than here head -- at least not by design.

The girls picked wild strawberries but it's difficult to get any significant accumulation.  If they got a handful that would be surprising.  They are tasty but tiny :).

I have not unpacked my bike yet, will likely do so today.  I've started working on the LEL ride segments ...

Sandy will head to Parry Sound to meet up with Stef, bringing Lauren up north.  The noise level will increase.  Three girls isn't 50% more noise than two girls !

I made some of my seed bars using the Costco organic dates.  They're sweeter than the no-name 2kg bricks.  I'm not looking for sweet so I'd prefer the others. 

Jason et al left late afternoon.  They'll be back up at some point when we have the gang here; I'm not sure if they have a date in mind. 

Onward !

No comments: