Thursday, October 11, 2018

Oct 9/10 - What day is it ?

It gets confusing when you're trying to sync up with someone on Eastern Time.  That 8pm conference call ?  It shows up on Google Calendar as 3am the next day, and that's when it is.  That was my RUSA Board call early this morning.  However, since I had been up the prior day at 3am, what's the big deal ?

We're eating well.  The drink is passable.  I'm not going to stock my cellar with wine from Israel.  There's an amazing variety of restaurants a 15-20 minute walk from here, at the beach.  Yesterday we also trekked up the beach to the string of hotels to find a bathing suit for me in a gift shop.  I didn't forget one; I didn't have one at the cottage.  I could have used a pair of shorts but what the heck. 

Today we took the local bus to a market that isn't quite a market.  It's more an area with lots of similarly minded shops - spices, dried fruit, nuts, all that kind thing.  It wasn't quite what we expected - no fresh fish, meat, olives other than a couple of shops.  It's apparently a very busy place on Friday morning as people are shopping and preparing for the Sabbath. 

Tomorrow we head to Athens.  Our flight is at 7am.  We're going to have to leave here at ... ugh ... 4:30 ? 

My bike is together but I've got a problem.  On the last ride, I almost lost my saddle because the rear bolt on the seatpost came loose.  I fixed that and finished the ride but when I checked my reassembled bike, it was loosening again.  I checked with my fellow riders and Bob K is going to bring some loctite threadlocker blue with him.  I found a bike store close by but they only had red in their repair shop, not for sale, but red is somewhat permanent.  They told me that I could also use nail polish ... any color :).

That rear bolt is difficult to get at with the seatpost bag in place, so I'd rather fix this before riding off.

That's about it.  The apartment is working out well.  It's ours until we leave so we'll take a minimum of stuff with us to Athens & Cairo.

Onward !




No comments: