Sunday, July 16, 2023

Jun 6-Jul 15 - another month goes by

Perhaps at some point I'll have to admit that the blog is dead, long live the blog. 

So what's going on?
- quick trip to Florida to see ortho; I need surgery but can keep on keeping on, so I'll schedule for the fall
- bought our first new car in 21 years; Buffalo dealer, a replacement X5, carbon black exterior like the M5.  Don't get me going on tartufo interior.
- They had used in stock but the price difference wasn't worth buying used, especially considering this one had factory trailer hitch.  
- Why does anyone need 523hp?
- the 2015 is on the auction block but won't get much more than the price of a good bottle of wine. Stay tuned. 
- decided to go to Sofia. Sandy came along and made plans to tour.  I hung up my bike at 600k, playing it safe. I'm saving myself for France and PBP. We had a good time. 
- Shopska salads are to die for.  Food and wine were great. 
- outbound Air Canada kept us on the runway in Toronto for 3 hours with lame excuses. Lufthansa rebooked us for much later flight FRA=>SOF; we spent the day in lounges. Flight back was smooth. 
- don't ever rent a Dacia Logan old beat up car. Worst car we've ever driven in.  Off airport rental added to the woes but Gemut and Auto Europe were wonderful. 
- on return, used Marriott points to stay in Toronto, hit the market for food, to David and Vanda for Cassie, Parry Sound LCBO for wine pickup, Farmers Market, Sobeys and the Kart for lunch. 
- Cassie bounded next door; Kim helped unload. Trip complete. 

Hamid and Mark were in Bulgaria as well. They completed a tough ride. Could I have finished?  I expect so. Other than the heat and worry about riding alone, I was doing well, in good shape timewise but really wanted to play it safe.   I didn't want to push myself. 

Next up, 400k on Wednesday; Emma Zoe and Matthew on Thursday; more family later. It will be a busy time. 

We fly out again August 14. 

Onward. 

--
From my iwdt

No comments: