Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jan 24 - back in NSB

We hit the road around 7 a.m. and arrived in New Smyrna Beach at 5:45 p.m. The outside temperature was 28F to start ... and 72F to finish.

It's such a pleasure unloading the car here, compared to up north. Back the car up to the garage; walk through the garage into the house; do that a few times and you're finished. That's the way most people live -- in fact, that's the way it is a Jason's cottage as well, but not us -- we have stairs to navigate and get additional bonus exercise. It's even worse in the winter if the car is up by the barn, which it was when I was loading up on Thursday (summer tires on the car).

Everything is ship-shape here, but then there's no basement to worry about being dry; no melting snow & ice to contend with; no sewage pump; no water to turn on -- it's a quick and easy place.

After unloading I roasted some coffee beans out back on the table -- yes, I brought the roaster with us. I knew that I'd need coffee in the morning and wanted it ready in case I was rushed for time. I have to leave for Mass shortly -- that's the time issue. We walked over to our local Sushi place and had the usual great meal.

That's about it -- Abby looks happy to be back, but then I'm sure that she's just happy to be out of the car.

I plan to go out for a short ride today and then get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

No comments: