Finally. Yes, finally. I updated the pictures on the www.wdthompson.com website from before Christmas through now. It's easy to do from here since the internet speed is high compared to the two-way satellite connection. I also updated the family picture -- not quite complete, since it doesn't have Kim and Megan, but as close as it's going to get for now.
I went for another boat ride -- north this time. It wasn't as warm as the day before due to a ENE wind that actually created fog at the Port Orange bridge since the ocean is so much cooler than the air. It's amazing how fast your body acclimatizes and 70+F that was hot the day before is now slightly cool. My butt was tender though ... my legs felt better. I'm making good time on the 70 mile round trip -- 4 hours 20 minutes elapsed and 4 hours 5 minutes rolling time. The difference is traffic lights, not resting with my feet up !
I've started drinking V8 after rides and am finding that its sodium and potassium, coupled with liquid and natural sugars, makes a great recovery drink. After a couple of good-sized glasses of V8 I don't feel the dip in energy that I normally feel after a ride. I've always snacked right afterwards, but that doesn't usually have as balanced an intake as the V8 -- and I'm drinking the high-fiber version which has a little more sodium, I think. Of course two days does not make a complete test, but so far so good.
I heard from Jerry last night and he's planning on coming down from Wisconsin for the 300k ride on Feb 21st. I sent an email to Geoff to see what his plans are because he was originally planning on being here that weekend too. Jerry is going to drive down with a friend who will be visiting family in Orlando. I checked the drive from Eau Claire to Orlando and it is about the same distance as from the cottage to here -- just shy of 1500 miles. It's going to be tough for him -- drive 1500 miles, go on a 300km ride -- considering that he has not done other than spinning indoors at the YMCA since October. He stays in shape ... but an hour indoors does not a hardy butt make !
That's about it. I'm going to do another ride today and then back off a little. We're planning on going boating tomorrow. The last time that I looked the predicted temperature for tomorrow was 80F -- it won't feel that warm on the water but hey, better than cold water and cold air, right !
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment