Yesterday was for boating. As a special treat for Abby we stopped at two sandbars, the usual one as well as the one across from Inlet Harbor where we ate lunch. It was quite windy out so we did not even venture further towards Daytona.
We saw a few dolphins but since the tide was high for most of our trip they were not at peak activity. Boy was it busy -- the parking lot was full with cars/trailers parked out on the road and nearby parking lots. We had to queue up both to launch and to get it out of the water again. These guys should have all been out riding their motorcycles ... but I suspect that they were out boating yesterday because today is expected to be a crummy day -- windy, cool and thunderstorms.
I was able to squeeze between two other trucks and trailers in the lot but that turned out to be a mistake because the *&^$&^% guy beside me hit my trailer wheel on his way out and knocked off my trailer wheel grease cap. I managed to get it back on, bending it with my vicegrips, but I suspect that it is not waterproof any more. I'll have to repack the bearings in the next day and pick up another pair of caps. That's a chore for today, likely.
We had tuna for dinner, great as usual, with beans courtesy of Marda's trimming, and sweet potatoes.
That's about it ... my mind is blank at this point and I have to leave for Church ...
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment