Monday, May 5, 2014

May 4 - last boating / supper

There's nothing stopping me from going out in the boat with Abby, but I probably won't, thus yesterday was probably the last time out on the water in the Hydra Sport for this winter season.   Maybe I'll take her out in the little Whaler.

The weather was great; I don't think I've ever seen so many boats on the water.  Out on the ocean, there were sailboats everywhere ... it was also quite rough.  Knowing that it was going to be hard to find a place to beach the boat, we went to the island first.  It was crowded.  We had a good long walk and Abby chased minnows and rolled on the sand.  We think that she was smiling, if dogs smile.

One fellow had two miniature dachshunds who barked, barked, barked and chased Abby, who ignored them.  They probably reminded her of Jason's dog Chilli.

We stopped back at the SYC for a drink and then, for the first time, I putted into our little lagoon and dropped Sandy off at our dock before heading back to the Marina.  She had gardening to do.  Of course she could have walked from the SYC as well, but I wanted to try getting to our dock.  If only this had been low tide, 2' deep, we'd be good to simply leave the boat there occasionally.  Of course it would then be covered in guano.  Unfortunately low tide is more like 6".

I then fussed with the trailer, taking it to Home Depot and picking up a piece of plywood to cover the floor.  I had them cut it to size.  Once home, I mounted D-Rings on the floor to carry three bikes.  I haven't decided yet whether I'll bring three bikes but wanted to set it up.  I still have to cut two pieces of plywood for the sides and mount D-Rings there.   Hey ... you  have to leave something to do for another day !

Sandy picked up dinner and, as I guessed, we had Tuna.  Yes it was good.  Now my mercury level is topped up !

Today ... I'm going to head out early on the bike to be home before 1pm and a dentist appointment (cleaning).  Sandy also has a dentist appointment (Root Canal final checkup).

Today marks 33 years since Sandy and I visited City Hall with Joyce and Alex.   

Onward ...
 

No comments: