Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Jan 1&2 - wrapping it up

After our usual fondue dinner, many of us stayed up to see the ball drop.  David & Vanda & Lauren & Emma then went out on the lake with sparklers.  I'll have to pick up some more for next year; they're always fun on the ice.

The 1st was more outdoor play with Kylie and Chris leaving around noon after I got back from Mass in Britt.  Chris was just a little bit stuck but we gave him a push.  Late yesterday, trying to move Jeffrey & Sara's van back onto the driveway, we weren't so lucky.  I was envisaging having to call for a tow truck but eventually tried simply tying a tow strap onto one of the front suspension lower control arms and gently pulling him back onto the driveway from the little parking space off to the side. 

Snow tires are a wonderful thing.  David just cruised on out mid day yesterday.  I moved Jeffrey's car up to the road just in case he would have problems this a.m. and with 2-3" of snow overnight, yes, I'd have been back using the tow strap.

This morning the PA gang left around 6:15 and just in case, I led them out to 522, which had been plowed and sanded. 

It's quiet now ... so quiet.  We leave tomorrow a.m. hoping to get to Erie PA.  If we get away later than planned, we can cancel and find something closer.  I've got an 8pm RUSA Board call, so I want to be off the road early.  Thursday I've got a Granite Anvil call, so that's going to be how this trip goes !

Sandy, Lauren and Emma went snowshoeing yesterday, giving the shoes and themselves a good workout.  Jeffrey played with the kids, sliding on the hill.  They've had a blast this Christmas season as the weather has been perfect.  Timing is everything.  After today, the next five days are bitter cold. 

I have to make a run into Loring today for mail and stop at the dump on the way.  We have an incredible amount of garbage.  We also have a lot of recycling but that will wait until Spring.

Onward ...


No comments: