Monday, October 16, 2017

Oct 15 - this, that and the other thing

I did go out for a ride; hot as heck.  The wind was from the east, due east, so I headed south for a change.  That's always a hotter ride and it just about did me in. 

I did find that the new trail has been vastly extended, which is great.  I think that sooner (no, make that later) it will connect to an end close to I95 in Edgewater, which will change my route considerably. 

Since the haulover canal bridge was open, I took advantage of the bonus miles and the nice cruise westbound to Titusville. 

Then we come to "that and the other thing".  I had a long list:

1) check with BMW - M5 is going in on Wednesday for airbag replacement (recall).  It's just the driver's side.
2) Be Well -- setup a chiro appointment for next week
3) Satellite Dish ... where  is it ?  Well, shortly after my call I got a shipping notice ... duh ... don't tell me that it was already shipped, I don't believe you !
4) ratchet straps -- talked to them and ordered 4x60' stainless steel for the gazebo
5) gas plumbing -- couldn't get the remote for the fireplace to work; found that there's a receiver that takes batteries that was under the burner; worked that out and replaced the batteries
6) X5 noises - ticking, road noise, blower fan.  Predictably, the blower fan was dead silent when I took it in.  Grrr.  He (Holmes) did reproduce the ticking and the road noise remains to be seen (heard).  I'll take that car in tomorrow.

Gradually knocking off the "to do" list but some major items remain, like RUSA tax filing, Granite Anvil brevet card mailing, etc. etc. etc.

... but we'll get there.

Sandy went to the gym this morning and turned our memberships back on.  That's good.

Onward !

No comments: