Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Oct 23 - a step at a time

Baby steps at that ! 

I did track down a supplier of that trunk lift module for the X5.  At first I was unsure of the company but once I talked to them and realized that it was the e-commerce division of BMW of the Hudson Valley, I was more confident.  I'd also left a message for Pelican Parts, my normal supplier, but they got back to me after I'd already submitted the order with BMWHV.  That was unfortunate because Pelican was cheaper, since shipping was free.  Oh well.

I did my due diligence, if you can call it that, on the RUSA tax return.  My double check was to run 2017 as if it was over, taking the income to date (and everything else), extending my spreadsheet and seeing if it still balanced.  I struggled mightily with this because the "cash basis" was producing an "unallocated cash" figure because of an adjustment that I had to do mid year.  That hadn't shown up in the accrual basis financial statements that we normally run.  Try as I might, I couldn't put through a journal entry that would fix that without making things worse, so I'm leaving it.

The good news is that it does balance, so apart from double checking that I've included all the amounts and checked all the correct boxes, I think that I'm good to go.  My plan is to file 2017 asap after the end of the year ... and just before the end of the year, paying off the Amex, making sure that I have no receivables or payables, making this as clean as possible.

I'd forgotten to mention that I did a little electrical work the other day -- very little -- swapping receptacles in the little kitchen counter area where we charge phones etc. for ones that have both standard and usb receptacles.  That eliminates wall-warts and/or the Anker 5-way charger.  The receptacles have two of each.  There were also receptacles with 4 USB slots but then you sacrifice the 120v.  In retrospect, I could have made a 2-gang spot there but it's hard to cut tiles now; I'm not even going to try.

Most of the hurricane trash, banana plants, was picked up yesterday but we still have a large bunch of boards out there that need to go with "regular" garbage.  These aren't ours, rather they floated in and I hauled them to the end of the driveway.  I guess that I have to get my circular saw down there and cut some of them up into bitesized pieces.  8' boards are hard for them to deal with.

It threatened rain most of the day yesterday, muggy and damp with occasional mist, so I didn't get Cassie out.  I did have my chiro and teeth cleaning appointments, so that's squared away.

Today, I hope, I'll get out on the bike for one of my usual 100k rides.  Thursday, with any luck, I'll do a 200k.

I exchanged emails with the Sydney Melbourne organizers asking about expected temps, highs and lows.  It's not good news.  Upper 30's Celsius and sub-zero overnight.  Ugh Ugh Ugh !  I might as well pull a trailer with all the clothing that I'll need !  I also have to check to see if my really warm stuff, like neoprene booties, are even here in Florida.  I think that they are but I'm not 100% on that.

Onward ... I hope !



No comments: