Friday, December 15, 2017

Dec 14 - extended travels

Touch and go - we weren't sure if Sandy was going to make her train. At one point the Nav said that she'd be 15 minutes late. We crawled from Brantford to Hamilton. Had the train not been 2 minutes late ...

I backtracked to Hamilton, found parking and the passport office, expecting to spend an hour or two in queue. I was out of there in less than five minutes, checked paid and scheduled for pickup next week.

More backtracking to Jason's and picking up a salad on the way, I caught up on some emails, packed the car, then Cassie and I said goodbye to Kim and headed back into stop and go traffic to Hamilton and Oakville. I made arrangements with Sandy on the fly, picking her up at the Oakville Go, dropping myself at the dentist and she went to meet Joyce.

Two temporary crowns later and she picked me up and we headed to the restaurant on Lakeshore in Port Credit, had a glass of wine with Angelika, Pat, Joanne, Janet and Denise. It was good to see some of the old work gang ! Patty and Dawn were missing from that periodic get together; other commitments.

I should mention that this is the first time that I've had wine through a straw, my mouth way to frozen to do anything else !

Off again, this time to our hotel by the airport only now we were ready to call it a day.

Whew. Northward Ho !

Sent from my iwdt

No comments: