Saturday, December 16, 2017

Dec 15 - lots of snow !

We arrived at the cottage at 2:30 pm, after stops in Barrie to see Stef, Barrie Costco for a few items and then Parry Sound Sobeys and Canadian Tire.

The drive was mucky from south of Parry Sound right into the cottage with snow coming down heavily at times and limited visibility.  That's par for the course.

I'm sure that it's not a record for this time of year but I had a lot of digging to get into the place.  Clearing the steps to get down and then the entrance to the barn to put the X5 away took most of the daylight that we had left. 

The new snow blower did a great job but I only did what was necessary to get in. I'll finish it up today.

The generator started right up ... that's good.  With all the heaters on, the place gradually warmed up but it's never 100% comfortable on the day of arrival; it's toasty now.  The outside temp was about 22F when we arrived and it's now in single digits F, heading for zero at day break (about -18C), and then -8F (-22C) tonight.  Brrr.

I brushed off the satellite dishes and the internet came on.  I thought that I still had a problem until I realized that no, I've got a new phone and it's not connecting to the wifi automatically.  duh. 

There's ice but I have no idea how thick.  I'll go out this coming morning and check that out.  I'll need to get organized to do some ice fishing !

Onward !

No comments: