Thursday, December 7, 2017

Dec 5/6 - the great and the not-so-great

We had a great day at Disney with Jason & Lorraine.  We took in a few of the usual things at Epcot and then met up late afternoon; had dinner at the Japanese Steak House.  It was better than the run of the mill, as you might expect.  We opted to not wait for Illuminations, the fireworks show, which was going to start at 9:30 and then get us home around 11:30.  We were home around 10pm

Yesterday I headed out for my 200k and a great 200k it would have been except that I'm now the proud owner of a new iPhone 8. Actually I don't like it as much as my SE.  Somewhere past my turnaround point, I think, the SE left the bike mount and I didn't notice.  I was about 15 miles into the return leg when I suddenly noticed that it wasn't there anymore.  I rode back about 5 miles but no go.  Home 3+ hours later, I checked "find my iphone" and sure enough, could see Sandy on the way back from Orlando Airport with Marda but my phone was offline.  There are two possible reasons to be offline -- someone picked it up and turned it off or, more likely, a car ran over it. 

Showered and changed, I went to the Verizon store and soon was in possession of a new phone.  Over the next few hours I tinkered with the setup.  I hadn't backed it up in forever, nor was I using icloud backup so I didn't bother trying to restore.  There was nothing to lose anyway other than setting up all the apps.  This was a good housecleaning !

Onward ...

No comments: