Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Dec 4 - stupid tv !

So, Sheryl made the suggestion that perhaps Amex would have an extended warranty.  They do.  I don't have the receipt but it seems that they may cover it anyway.  So, I talked to Amex and they sent me the procedure which includes getting an estimate from Samsung; they pay for the estimate.  Great.  I reach out to Samsung via chat and they put me onto the service request website.  Perfect. I submit the request.  Haven't heard back yet, but I do expect that I will.

So ... the TV knows that something is up.  It stops malfunctioning.  It turns on every time.  This is the same thing that happened with the Sony TV that's now up north.  It was failing to turn on the light and that turned out to be a common problem.  Sony sends me a new light.  More than 10 years later and it still hasn't failed again; the new light still is in the closet. 

Don't tell me that these inanimate objects don't have a mind of their own !  I'm waiting to hear what Samsung will make of this diagnosis ... a non issue !

I went for a bike ride, wearing my new lightweight wool jersey in spite of the fact that it's very warm.  It's wonderful to wear even in the heat.  There's nothing like wool.  I'm sold.  I'm hoping to get out for my December 200k tomorrow.  Today we're going to Disney, meeting up with the Davies. 

Tomorrow Marda arrives.  The next day the X5 goes in for service.  The next day, who knows.  The next day, street party.  The next day who knows.  The next day don snow tires and start to ... pack car.  We're getting close.

Onward !




No comments: