Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Feb 13 - if it walks like a duck ...

It hit me late Monday, so Tuesday I decided to get an appointment to see Keller (actually, getting Tamiflu was the impetus).  They first test you for flu and then record symptoms ... but our Kimberley is more more practical -- she said that the flu test is only 50% accurate (false positives and false negatives) and having discussed my symptoms and checked my lungs (clear as a bell) concluded that if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ... you get the idea.  It wasn't an upper respiratory infection ...

So I've started Tamiflu.  Whose flu is this ?  Sandy ?  Shab ?  Davies ?  Gym/Church/Grocery Store/restaurant/out-and-about ?  It's everywhere these days.  She said that I'd be contagious for a week and the prescription would help reduce the severity and length. What the heck.  I think that it's Sandy's and that I've been harboring it, keeping it at bay, for some time. 

Of course I'll never know whether the severity would have been worse ... but I'll use a dose of positive thinking coupled with a placebo :).

So yesterday was pretty much a wipe.  Sandy was much more productive, cleaning and weeding the garden.  Today may be much the same for me.  It's somewhat miserable outside, cool and foggy.  One moment I'm chilled; the next sweating buckets.  I think that I'll be inside most of the day.  I am tempted to take some pain reliever and try to exercise (aka bike) my way through this, but that will only happen if the weather improves.

Onward !




No comments: