Thursday, February 15, 2018

Feb 14 - gardening

Nothing special for V-day here.  None of those $B were spent by us, leaving more for others.

I can't let this one pass -- how many massacres must take place before we realize that assault-style weapons with high capacity magazines have only one real purpose.  Weekly ?  Every other day ?  Daily ?  Twice a day ?  Yes, yes, I understand that some people use them for hunting.  There must be a lot of hunting in South Florida / Broward County.  Enough.

Sandy did a bunch of gardening yesterday, mostly buying replacement plants and positioning them.  Bored with staying inside, I did my kind of gardening, trimming mangroves.  There's a lot to do and at some point I'll have to work my way inside and trim, but at this point I was just using the extendable trimmer.  I've now got a pile of cuttings to move to the driveway.

As for the flu, not gone yet but feeling marginally better.  It has not progressed into stomach or head cold issues, staying with on-and-off pain and occasional sweats and chills.  Perhaps the Tamiflu is doing it's work; I'll never know for sure.  I was tempted yesterday to take some pain reliever and go for a ride but it stayed cool and foggy-misty and I didn't relish getting chilled.  We have dense fog again this morning.  I'm sure that it's nice inland, but not here.

Sandy took Cassie for a walk at one point so she got some fetching at the park.  I've not been much use to her; the skiff hasn't moved.

After hitting Lowes for plants, Sandy visited Kings and found that they had Lionfish, so that became dinner.  It's very good eating, somewhat akin to expensive crappie. 

Onward !




No comments: