Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Jun 11 - almost ready

Well, almost is a matter of interpretation.  I do have the bike packed but there's so much loose stuff in there that I'm not happy with the packing.  We'll be bringing two bags each, including the bike box and I may move some of that stuff to another bag.  Also, the difficulty with the bike box is the wheel that's on top of everything.  I should probably remove the tire because there's no way that a security checking person would be able to get it back in the box.  The 32mm tires are really stiff.  More loose stuff in the bag just begs for a scanner person wanting to open it and check contents. 

We will be taking the trailer.  Since I have not been able to get out for any significant riding (rode a 1/4 mile yesterday just to check the setup before dismantling), I might go out for a ride today with the Litespeed and I might throw that in the trailer and get in a ride in Hemmingford.  The bike can then await our return packed away in the trailer.

Cassie was happy to see the neighbours in residence.  As soon as she heard activity over there, I could hear her thundering along the deck, running in that direction. 

I played around with the map files that I created for Europe but can't tell if they actually work.  It quickly loads the basemap, making me think that they don't.  I hope that we're not tied to Waze because we'll be using data for that.  I don't have any idea how much of a data hog it is.

Onward !

No comments: