Saturday, December 1, 2018

Nov 28-30 - what's happening ?

Oh boy.  Buried.  Email, Facebook, Discussion Groups.  What do you think happens when you tell 3200 people that a major part of their cycling program has been suspended ?  Ugh Ugh Ugh.

I mostly do email using gmail now, on my laptop.  Outlook still runs on my desktop and every week or so I go to that and file all the mail in my inbox.  It's duplicated from what comes into gmail.

So ... how many emails in the last 10 days ?  (mostly over the last few ?) ... hazard a guess ?  -- 1520.  I just checked.  1520 !!!!

As of NOW (actually as of 11:59 pm last night, Nov 30, the Permanents Program part of RUSA rides is suspended.  The only reason that "scheduled events" is live is because we found back-up coverage. There was a ray of hope late last night but we don't have further word yet. 

As a result, I will likely / may, drive to South Florida tomorrow a.m.  (Sunday) to squeeze in my 200k for December.  7-8 hours driving for about the same amount of riding ... I did this in September too !  This isn't a "green" sport !  My other option is to take a chance on the aforementioned ray of hope and plan a Perm in the next 10 days.  If that ray of hope doesn't pan out, I'll end up having to delay the trip north until after a ride in South Florida on the 15th. 

In the midst of this, we got the M5 in for service, replacing the pinion seal on the differential.  It's a little thing but a lot of labor.  There was also a gas line issue that he was going to try to deal with but couldn't get the part.  I handled that here, at home, yesterday afternoon.  So perhaps the M5 is squared away for a while.

I changed the oil on the X5 and now have to mount the snow tires.  Yup, heading for the Great White North soon.

Marda arrived yesterday and is here until the 6th. 

Onward !


No comments: