Sunday, October 30, 2022

Oct 27-29 - steady progress not

Was I getting over confident?  Two days at Disney, first Epcot then Disney Springs, not whole days of course, may have made me less careful. At Epcot, Sandy pushed me around on a wheelchair. That was faster than walking. I'd intended on renting a scooter but didn't bother. At Disney Springs, we were only there for dinner and so I stumped along from the parking to the restaurant. Supposedly a 4 minute walk doesn't count traversing the length of the garage or walking with a cane. 

The Epcot Mexican restaurant would get mixed reviews from our crowd. The DS Mexican would get a consistent "+".   As always, being out with friends is key to having fun, makes all food taste good 👍.

On Saturday, with Hamid and Shab on the way, I made a quick trip to Publix that proved to be my undoing.  On the way back to the car my knee popped. That has happened before and with a stop, flex knee, it pops back. This time, not. My range of motion is vastly less, I can't put weight on it, I'm back on crutches. Damn. 

MRI on Wednesday. Dr appt a week later. I need to know what's going on.  Patience is wearing thin. 

Over the course of the past days I did get a few things done, eg remove the thumbscrew shutters over the front door, get a battery into the skiff and start it up. I had high hopes that I could, with Sandy's assistance, take Cassie to the sandbar, but that ain't happening.  

Onward?  I hope so!
--
From my iwdt

No comments: