Thursday, April 27, 2023

Apr 11-26 - there and back again

Like Bilbo.  Flew to Auckland and did some touring there, hung out, flew to lax, hung out some more, then red eye back. 

Jason and Lorraine were here when I arrived but they left the next day. Later that week we met them and the Fairfax's at Epcot. A great six-some. Then they came to nsb and we went boating, wrapped up the day with dinner at the tiki. 

After my broken irrigation water main, I was expecting a big bill. Not so. Looking at the bill in detail, which I haven't done for a long time, it didn't appear that there had been a specific non potable water bill since late 2021. 

So … I did a test, reading the meter and reading again after a sprinkler cycle - no change.  The potable reading had changed.  I ran the house water and the meter spun. I ran the irrigation water and it did not. 

Sigh.  I called the utilities commission and told them and was then subjected to a grilling. How many faucets. How many sprinkler zones. How often did they run and for how long. Did I know which ones were on the non potable meter.  What's the current meter reading.  Do you go away at times because I see drops in your usage. 

Duh.  I'm telling you that I'm not being billed. Look at the bills back to 2021.  She says - well we usually pick up on that sort of thing. Duh again.  I'm telling you that the meter isn't moving. I'm happy to not pay.  Oh, we'll send someone out. Ok. 

My my life is tough. 

They just dug up the street running fiber.  It's $10 more per month than the cell internet. Woujd I notice a difference between 250mbps and 1,000 mbps?

Onward. 
--
From my iwdt

No comments: