Friday, October 20, 2017

Oct 19 - more deliveries, more work

A new bed arrived; Sandy took care of that.  The old one is gone. She's been campaigning for a King-sized bed for some time.  It was supposed to be a little softer but I'm not sure that it is, after sleeping on it for one night.  Life goes on.

Two ceiling fans arrived; they go outside over the sitting area.  The old one has finally died; doesn't turn.  Once the no-see-ums get bad, a fan is a must.

New tires arrived; now I have to get the X5 over to Tire Kingdom for installation.

What else ... oh yes, I'm going to work at installing that new flying saucer ... or is it a satellite dish ? 

Yesterday, I went for a ride.  I got wet but it wasn't from above.  I rode through water higher than my bottom bracket.  I should have dealt with that as soon as I got home, but I didn't first thing this morning I should pull the cranks and see what I've got in terms of water inside the seat tube / bottom bracket area.  I might also have rims full of water and of course all that pedaling in the water wouldn't do the drive train and pedals much good either .. ugh.  You might say that the tide was high ...

Onward, I guess ... oh yes, I forgot to have Holmes take a look at the X5 rear hatch operation (or lack thereof) ... I will take a look at that today now that I have some hints from a Bimmerfest post.

No comments: