Saturday, February 17, 2018

Feb 16 - more gardening

That about sums up the day.  Sandy was planting and I was cutting (mangroves).

Somehow a day goes by and nothing much is accomplished ... or so it seems ... a collection of little things.

I did take Cassie over to the sandbar; she ran and ran and ran.  The water temp is still below 70 but that will be changing as the days are getting much warmer.

My trimming wasn't limited to outside-in.  I plowed my way into the mangroves and cut some of the taller ones deep inside.  That's always a challenge. 

Jim and Sheryl came over, entertained Cassie for a bit (or vice versa !), and took their machine over to the flea market.  I went there just once, with Jerry.  Sandy has never been.

I'm awaiting news on our TSA-Pre applications.  They've apparently sent a letter to me but a KTN isn't on the website, so I'm wondering if there's something missing or wrong with my application.  Sandy's is still under review.  I didn't think that this would be so difficult, but then again, perhaps that's a good thing ?!

Sandy didn't feel like cooking or preparing, so we ate at the SYC.  I've seldom seen it so crowded.  Rose and Lily were going crazy with every table and the bar filled with people.  We just found seats and waited.  There's no need to get pushy; Rose knew that we were there.  Sure enough, I think that we were served our drinks before people who were pushy.  It was a lovely day, no need to get agitated. 

We were chatting most of the time with a fellow beside us at the bar, a new member.  He has recently moved from LA to one of the houses on Riverside north of the North Causeway.  He said that he's a chef "now" and that he's been in the entertainment business ... hmm ... I never did find out what that meant but as the conversation continued it was obvious that he'd been working in LA, New York, Toronto, Vancouver ... oh yes, and he's a cyclist.  He doesn't do long distances but had spent a lot of time on the touring types of rides in Europe where they do 50 miles per day.  Oh yes, and he has a finance ...

I'll get out riding today, or at least that's the plan.  Jerry is arriving on Thursday and then of course we'll ride most every day.  The weather looks like it's going to be fantastic.  John Lee and his wife Pat are planning on coming to the area the last week of February, so we'll squeeze some time in for them, somehow.  I've never met Pat; Sandy hasn't met either.  If it all works out, weather-wise, we could go boating on March 2, since Jerry and I will be doing a 400k on March 3.  Of course we're having dinner with Jason et al on March 1 ... obviously the pace is quickening !

Onward !

No comments: