Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Feb 19 - progress !

We received notices today that our Global Entry applications can proceed to the next level, which is an interview.  There are locations everywhere, including Sanford and Orlando.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that we couldn't find anything in those locations in the near future, not even by the end of April.  So ... we're set for noon at Miami International Airport on March 7. 

In the meantime, I've got my TSA Pre known traveler number but Sandy's is still outstanding.   I figure that's due to all the surnames that she's had !

With any luck, the Global Entry application will proceed quickly after the interview and we'll have those cards before we head north for the summer.  In a way it doesn't really matter as we won't be flying to/from the US, but I'd still like that squared away.

Cassie has had boat rides both yesterday and today.  Yesterday I also went for a bike ride.  Perhaps this afternoon I should fire up the Harley ... it's pretty lonely & neglected & dusty.  I'll bike tomorrow and then starting Friday, it will be every day with Jerry, who arrives Thursday.

John Lee Ellis and his wife Pat also arrive on Thursday.  They are staying at the Best Western on the beach.  JLE is going to borrow a bike for the week.

Ok, it's starting to get busy !

Onward !

No comments: