Sunday, June 10, 2018

Jun 9 - trip prep

Prepping the yard - David helped me with the mowing.  The Stihl weedwhacker and the DR mower did their respective jobs but the DR took a lot of time. I had to remove and soak the carb to get it going. 

Prepping the financials - brought the accounts up to date (more on that) and setup advance payments for all regular bills, overestimates for variable ones.

Accounts update - unfortunately, without two versions of Quicken, I have to update the Canadian accounts manually.  Of course I was six months out of date.  Amex, TD Chequing, TD Visa all had loads of transactions and input and balance month by month took a few hours.

RO update - another Quicken file is Randonneurs Ontario.  A snafu late in 2017 meant that updates at the fiscal year end (Oct 31) weren't completed.  I don't know at this point whether my 2017 P&L will agree with the current state of that file.  In fact, I doubt it.  The key isn't so much the coding of those transactions as it is the balance at Oct 31.  I'll deal with that part later (procrastinate !) but at least the month by month bank balance is ok. Hopefully my finacial statements for that fiscal year agreed exactly with the actual balance or I might have to do some fudging as I do the current year's statements.  It will be minor differences, such as $1.50 bank charges for e-transfers, that would be different.

Partly the RO update was so that I could clean up for an RO board meeting next week.  I need to report the current bank balance and without reimbursing myself for expenses in the meantime (mostly conference calls), that balance would be misleading.  Some of those charges come through on my Canadian Amex and I needed to do that six month update and ID any RO expenses and then e-transfer money to myself from the RO bank account.

I've done no more on the bike or any packing.  I need to get out on the bike and at least crank out a few miles, if only to check out my parts replacement.  It's hard to believe that my next 1200 is 12 days from now, so far away !  There are a number of adventures between here and Sofia/Bulgaria and then I'm on a 1200k treadmill.

Jason et al are supposed to arrive late today / tonight.  It will be good to see them before we head off.  Our current plan is to leave here Wednesday a.m. for Hemmingford.

Onward !

No comments: