Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Dec 11 - close but no cigar

One of the main questions that I'd asked the dealer before picking up this car was whether my existing rims and snows would fit.  Yup, was the answer.  Nope, is the reality.  Close, tantalizingly close, hitting just one spot of the caliper by maybe 1/4".  Oh damn.

So I raced around, searched around and basically came down to one choice - order new tires and rims.  They'll be delivered on Thursday so the earliest that we can leave for the north is Friday a.m.  These tires have a lot of life left but they're no good to me.  I've listed them on Craigslist.

Ugh.

I took Cassie over to the island but didn't get out of the boat.  That didn't bother her; she just kept coming back.  The water temperature was 60F.  Brrr.

Onward !


No comments: