Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Nov 11-21 - progress

I hope !  

Minor projects 
- negative battery cable on the skiff finally replaced. 
- Noritz tankless water heater error code 66 diagnosed and fixed - found and cleaned the filter screen. 
- Raspberry Pi running Plex server. 
- True North Ti bike rolling again with most damaged parts replaced: shifters, headlight, front brake, handlebars, fork(temp fix), Varia radar light, wheel w/Schmidt hub etc. 

I haven't ordered a new Ti fork yet because, frankly, I haven't convinced myself that I'll be riding worldwide 1200's in 2024, the eta for a delivery. In the meantime, I purchased a chromoly fork; heavier but serviceable, and not carbon. 

A week or so ago I rode 10k and it seemed like a 1200. Yesterday I rode 45k … the leg was ok (no climbing) but everywhere else hurt - feet, hips, back, butt- almost two months of inactivity has taken its toll. Sitting and easy spinning was ok on the flat; climbing would have been a problem.  I'll keep at this and see where it leads me. 

The knee isn't really stable; I'm not sure whether exercise or time or both will correct that.  I'm hopeful that this is all heading in the right direction; we shall see. 

Cassie got a trip to the sandbar yesterday. She was happy.   Breakfast, dinner, a few treats, throw the ball - and she's a happy dog. Oh yes, lemme swim …lemme chase some squirrels …

Weather has been somewhat crappy. Windy, cool, rain. At least we don't have 6' of snow like Buffalo!

Yesterday was replace the A/C day for the main living area unit. We got a little more than 10 years out of it before salt ate away the old outside unit. The other two units, servicing the bedrooms, albeit older, are still checking out ok. 

Vic is supposed to visit today to talk about the master bath. Jeff now has the flooring for the master bedroom but a date hasn't been set. 

Onward. 


--
From my iwdt

No comments: