Sunday, November 27, 2022

Nov 22-26 - we give thanks, American style

Thursday makes for a long weekend. When we lived in Philly and worked, we'd go to Toronto on Wednesday and back home on Sunday. We'd stay at the Harbor Castle, breakfast at the St Lawrence Market; Jeffrey would end up with Nathan etc. it was tradition. 

Tradition now is walk down the street and have dinner with Debbie & Harris and whatever orphans were collected that year. 

I've had 2x45k rides, I guess three in total. Definitely more tiring now than before. I was going to go today but left it too late and had a bunch of laptop work to do anyway. 

Cassie has had a couple of sandbar trips. That motor is running very well. The work platform is going to dump me in the drink one of these days. It almost did yesterday. 

Christmas lights are up. There were lots of repairs to the strings. It's probably time to throw most of them out. You'll get electrocuted if you grab one of the taped connections in the wet. 

We have a tentative travel plan - leave here on the 11th. Boat parade is on the 10th. Stay at the Davies on the 12th. Arrive at the cottage on the 13th. We shall see. 

In the meantime I will get in some more riding. Knee still pops sometimes- it did at Walmart this morning.  I'll talk to the ortho about it on Wednesday. 

Onward!
--
From my iwdt

No comments: