Friday, March 17, 2023

Jan 25-Mar 16 - bi-monthly blog

Many comings and goings - 
- Lauren stayed with us for much of this time period
- Angelika recently visited for a week +
- Kylie is here now and departs tomorrow 
- the Davies have been here twice, book-ending their time in Florida 
- Jerry arrives on Tuesday next to do some riding

I've done some riding:
- 200 mid January, central Florida 
- 300 & 600 (pre ride) with Hamid out of Jacksonville 
- 1200 pre with Hamid (main event now underway and I'll be helping support on the weekend 
- 400 pre out of Dunellon for central Florida 

I have my 2023 SR series for PBP registration 

The knee is mostly fine but my back gave me trouble on the 1200 starting late the 3rd day. Whether I can handle a climb-centric ride has yet to be determined.  New Zealand is in my plan for early April so we shall see. 

The master bath renovation has been underway for a long time. Concrete cutting. Dirt digging. More concrete cutting. Wall building. Electrical. Plumbing, major. Concrete pouring.  We are finally entering the construction stage, vs destruction. 

To do? 

- Drywall finishing starts today. 
- tile & glass for shower
- finish plumbing and electrical 
- paint 
- trim and door
- more paint, including hall and bedroom. 

So much dirt. So much dust. My vacuum has gotten a lot of use. 

Then there are minor things.  

A broken water pipe at the manifold necessitated replacing all that. Much work involved on my part.  I don't want to see my next water bill. How much water can flow from a 3/4" pipe in a couple of hours?

My precious coffee machine died. I dismantled and found the issue, effected a repair albeit temporary, that only lasted one day. Replacement parts are out for delivery.   I could dismantle again but I'll await the parts. 

- Egypt / Jordan loom for Sandy. 
- Los Angeles and New Zealand loom for me 
- a dog sitter looms for Cassie.  I'm more nervous about that vs New Zealand 

Randonneurs Ontario tax return has been filed. 
My tax return has been filed. 
Randonneurs USA tax return has been drafted. I need to review once again and circulate. 

Onward. 



--
From my iwdt

No comments: