Thursday, March 30, 2023

Mar 28-30 - on the road, or rather, in the air

I hated dropping Cassie with the sitter but she was so busy fetching the ball as the kids used the chuck-it that she didn't care. 

Coincidentally on the way to the airport listening to Klaatu, the following song played:

—-

… I never had a closer friend than you I never had such good times as the ones we used to have together You're the one I told my problems to Throughout the years remained true blue No I never had a closer friend than you 
… But all good things must end 
… No use trying to pretend it isn't so When it's time you gotta go But I never had a better friend than you 
… I know it sounds a trifle odd To those who've never had a dog But I never had a closer friend than you 
… But all good things must end No use crying for the dead and that's a fact All my tears won't bring you back But I never had a better friend than you No I'll never have a better friend than you


Definitely made me feel sad. 

However, I'm sure she'll be all right. Whether we pick her up or the Davies do, she'll be excited to see us and go with the flow.  Such a stressful life!

I was up before 1 and left at 2. By 3:45 I was at my gate awaiting a 5:30 boarding. I think that we just went over Tucson. 

Interestingly enough, with internet access the phone clock is adjusting on the fly. Sandy is now 7 hours ahead, not 6. 

We're supposed to land at lax somewhat after 8 and I'll collect luggage, a rental car and head to Arlene's.  Tomorrow I'm supposed to drive back to LA, visit Alice and Peter and fly out at 10pm. Yikes. 

The bathroom floor is skimmed and ready for tile. Unfortunately the tile is in transit. Oh well. 

Westward!



--
From my iwdt

No comments: